A room with private bathroom in the Villa. It's part of Tertulia Forest Coliving Coworking where you can experience community life style immersed in the amazing Tuscan nature: forest and wilderness from the front door. It’s the perfect base for remote working in Tuscany, to explore nature and art. We're just 10 min from the village of Vicchio.
You will be able to work professionally from your private space or from shared space, as well as from outdoor! The plants of the Forest will contribute to reduce stress, enhance productivity and creativity.
A shared fully equipped kitchen is at your disposal for preparing meals, enjoying community dinners, meet different cultures! You will dispose as well of a coworking room, a living room and the multi-functional barn. WiFi is everywhere, even outdoors, making it the perfect spot to work, feet in the grass and song of birds in your ears.
Every week we have a community meeting to plan activities, share feelings and meet each other. Our local diffused community is growing and regularly participate to events, dinners, barnight (passion talk in the barn).
Tertulia is a permanent laboratory of sustainability inspired by permaculture ethics and design: we are a farm where if you like you can experience gardening, chestnut and olive harvest, forest works and all kind of practical maintenance tasks. Your feedback and contribution is welcome and appreciated!
Accommodation is in private room with ensuite bathroom in the Villa (there are 4 private rooms). Rooms are restored respecting the original frescos and materials in liberty style from the first year of 1900.
Minimum stay: we ask a minimum stay of 30 days to be able to join properly the community life. If you have limitations for you stay please write us and we will try to find a proper solution for your requests. Reductions are applied to stays of one month or more.
Included: Towels, Bed linen, Working station, Weekly housekeeping. In the Kitchen included olive oil, coffee and sugar from fair trade, whole salt.
Highlight on two of the community spaces:
- The coworking: This room is at your disposal 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. The wifi coverage is ensured by a professional router and a mesh network that carries the 200 Mb / s signal provided by Starlink and Eolo using satellite and fwa technology. A comfortable and elegant walnut table to work in a rustic but welcoming and healthy room with a wireless HP printer at your disposal. The kitchen is very close for every need for a break, with coffee or herbal tea or tea.
- The barn open space: With an area of 45 square meters, this room is welcoming and warm, a place of particular inspiration and, for those who feel it, energy. The room is covered by a wifi signal, and is equipped for seminars, group work and meetings. In the barn there is also space for playing, projecting films by aid of a chromecast box, relaxing, and meditating. Here Giorgia conducts the mindfulness sessions and it is here that the permaculture, regenerative agriculture courses are held.
The plus? We're surrounded by meadows and woods, chestnuts and olive trees, peace and silence. We offer many activities and have a sustainability philosophy, regenerating the environment and local ecosystem as far as possible. We also offer seasonal veggies from the garden !
The accommodation is located in the municipality of Vicchio in Mugello, on the slopes of the Tuscan Apennines between Florence and Bologna.
Vicchio is a nice town which offers to its visitors many attractions. There are a lot of interesting places to visit, above all Giotto Square, the main town square, where the ancient Palazzo Pretorio is located. In the district of Vespignano Giotto's Birthplace is situated, while in Barbiana is it possible to visit the place where Don Milani organized a very special school for the sons of simple people in the 50's. Following the tracks of famous personalities in Vicchio, you find the Museum of Beato Angelico.
Tuscany is known for its fabulous landscapes, amazing artwork and architecture and its incredible charm. Yet there is only one place in Tuscany where all three of these elements combine effortlessly together and give life to a magical, romantic and absolutely one of a kind city: Florence. Getting to this stunning city will take you around 1h drive by car. Florence offered the world a stage for great artistic masters such as Michelangelo, Brunelleschi, Leonardo da Vinci and Galileo. From art exhibitions to musical presentations, events which celebrate wine, culture and good food, history and art, you are sure to find many unforgettable experiences in Florence.
The closest international airports:
- Florence (FLR)
- Pisa (PSA)
- Bologna (BLQ)
To get to the accommodation from the airport:
- from Florence take a train to Vicchio (around 2h, 4-10€)
- from Pisa and Bologna get a train to Florence and follow the suggestion above
- by car: the A1 highway passes through Barberino del Mugello 35 minutes from the accommodation
We are pleased if you decide to use low-energy vehicles, or solutions that optimize transport costs. Keep in mind that the accommodation is an isolated place and if you don’t have your own vehicle the hosts will help you to better organize your stay, also thinking about your mobility needs. They can arrange to pick you up from the train station.