There are several causes of painful intimacy besides underlying sickness. Poor lubrication, hard sex, trauma, or unfavorable thoughts about a partner are a few examples.
Dyspareunia is the medical name for painful sex and is characterized as persistent or recurrent genital pain that happens just before, during, or after sex. If you're having painful sex, consult your doctor. Treatments focus on the cause and can help eliminate or lessen this common problem.
Cause of Dyspareunia
- Endometriosis; sometimes with chocolate cysts
- Uterine fibroids
- PID or pelvic inflammatory disease
- Vaginal dryness due to menopause; childbirth; breastfeeding; medications or too little arousal before sexual intercourse with lack of lubrication.
- After hysterectomy in some cases or any pelvic surgery.
- Skin disorders leading to ulcers; cracks; itching or burning; herpetic eruptions.
- Infections like sexually transmitted diseases; yeast infections or urinary tract infections.
- Anatomical defects like a vaginal septum; and abnormally shaped uterus
- Injury or trauma from childbirth; episiotomy.
- Radiation therapy
Read more:- https://drdimpledoshi.com/gynecological-symptoms/dyspareunia/